Hanscomb Limited, Hamilton Office seeks an Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
Hanscomb Limited has an immediate opportunity for a career orientated Intermediate Level Quantity Surveyor to be a part of its expanding Hamilton Team. Candidates should have completed, or be working towards completing, a related post-secondary program and have an understanding of the Canadian construction market and various practices used within it. Preferred applicants will be a member of the CIQS or an equivalent student organization and possess a desire towards attaining their PQS, CEC, or related designation.
Established over 60 years ago, Hanscomb is one of Canada’s leading independent organizations of cost control specialists. Our staff includes qualified quantity surveyors, cost consultants, professional engineers, schedulers, and value specialists. We maintain integrated in-house staff covering all architectural, structural, mechanical and electrical aspects of projects. The firm operates in Canada from offices in Halifax, Ottawa, Toronto, Hamilton, London, Winnipeg, Edmonton, and Vancouver. This network of Canadian offices permits an exchange of information ensuring our organization stays abreast of the latest design, construction and cost consulting practices.
Summary of Expectations:
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to be self motivated, and work as an integrated member of a team
- Strong ethical approach and standards
- Knowledge of detailed cost, design, and construction processes
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Capable to work efficiently on multiple tasks and demands
- Measurement of various types of projects from construction plans, including the ability to prepare detailed schedules of quantities.
- Reading and interpreting blueprint drawings.
- Assist in the preparation of construction estimates from information provided by field engineers, architects, and other design consultants
- Pricing and analysis of the various stages, methods and types of construction.
- Assisting with cost checking
- Knowledge of loan/project monitoring
Please submit resume/cover letter to email@example.com